But what is a sell sheet?
A product sell sheet is a one (or front and back) page sheet used to attract attention of a new product to your audience, in this case retailers, distributors and wholesalers. This sheet is distributed through mail, presented at meetings or sent via email to interested parties with the goal of getting them excited about buying your product for resale.
Just like all 'sales,' it's the 'getting them excited' that is the key ingredient in a sell sheet. When you prepare your sell sheet utilizing a graphic designer or do it yourself with a graphics program like MS Publisher or Photoshop, make it simple, make it powerful, make it very attractive and make them say, 'Wow! I've got to have this."
What are the key elements to include in a sell sheet? The key elements that you should include in your sell sheet are:
- A 'Wow' headline.
- A professional image (photo) of your product.
- A professional image of a pet enjoying the product or service.
- 3-5 bullet points outlining what makes your product the hottest on the market. (include key differentiators).
- A small paragraph description of the product and what differentiates it from other products on the market.
- A grid that includes: SKU, item #, brief description, package and case size and dimensions, case quantity, pallet info (how many will fit on a pallet and the configuration), and UPC codes.
- Contact info.
Order forms should include a grid that includes:
- Retailer contact info (name, company, address, city, state, zip, phone, etc.)
- Product name
- Product description
- Quantity (fillable)
- Sub Total (calculated)
- Total (calculated
- Tax, shipping, etc. (calculated)
- Your company contact info and directions for returning the order form, along with confirmation information.