I love Throwback Thursdays. Why?
Because I see it as a great way to bring back some of the success of your company's past that individuals may have missed, as well as provide the benefits listed below.
But what is #TBT?
For example #TBT is a great day to share on social media:
- Older, yet highly relevant, blog content or articles you've written or provided.
- The evolution of your products and services with before and after photos.
- Photos and testimonials, from some of your first or past customers.
- Old photos of your first business office, even if it was in your garage. (Many very successful business started there).
- Your logo. Has it evolved? Share it's evolution.
- Photos of your business and/or manufacturing facility from the early days.
- Great shots of your employees then and now.
- Photos of you in your childhood, perhaps even your first entrepreneurial experience.
What is the benefit?
- Older photos of you, your business and your first customers showcase that you are a stable business that has a history and is here to stay.
- Photos from early customers with testimonials showcasing just how great individuals believe your product is now and has been in the past.
- Sharing #TBT photos and info show that your business is creative, fun, hip, and definitely with the times.
- Being 'with it' is appealing to your upcoming primary purchasing demographic - the millennials and beyond.
- Individuals enjoy learning more about your businesses past to help them make more informed future decisions now and in the future.
- Posting photos of employees then and now shows that your business is a great place to work, is stabl and enjoyable.
- Sharing more personal anecdotes and photos engages your audiences and helps them connect more closely with you and your business.
Just for fun, below I am sharing a photo of me and my dog, Johann (YoYo), enjoying time in 2008 the day he passed his Canine Good Citizen test. We took a day off that day...